Established at the end of 1997, the Center for Research in Hydraulics, Automation and Thermal Processes (CCHAPT) is a well-known name in the country and abroad in the field of high-power energy equipment (hydraulic turbines, generators and heavy power electric motors), due to the numerous research, design, consultancy, development, expertise, technical assistance and refurbishment studies carried out.
The activity of CCHAPT is organized in accordance with the requirements of SR EN ISO 9001:2015, SR EN ISO 14001:2015 and SR OHSAS 18001:2008, and the Laboratory for metallographic analyzes and performance measurements on hydro aggregates "ExpertLAB" functions as a neutral laboratory, respecting SR EN ISO/CEI 17025:2005 requirements.
Among the CCHAPT traditional beneficiaries may be listed the following companies:
- The hydroelectric plants of Hidroelectrica S.A. Bucharest (S.H. Iron gates, S.H. Râmnicu Vâlcea, S.H. Slatina, S.H. Caransebeş, S.H. Haţeg, S.H. Cluj, S.H. Oradea, S.H. Sebeş);
- Electromagnetica Bucharest;
- Institute of Hydropower Studies and Designs Bucharest;
- E. DJERDAP Serbia;
- ANDRITZ Hydro Switzerland;
- ASTRÖ Austria;
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland;
- Voith Germany.
CCHAPT carries out:
- scientific research in the following fields:
- hydraulics and hydraulic machines;
- materials engineering/surface engineering;
- electric machines;
- automation and regulation systems;
- technical consultancy;
- expertise and receptions on hydro aggregates and models of hydraulic turbines;
- checks of contractual guarantees as a neutral institution.
Between 1997 and 2022, CCHAPT carried out over 318 contractual research works, resulting from over 206 contracts concluded with economic agents from the country and abroad.